Start A Home Party Business
Step-by-Step to help you get started
If you're looking for a business that you can run from home, start a home party business.
The home party plan is basically a form of product distribution and direct sales through the use of consultants and in-home parties. Remember those Tupperware parties that ladies would all go to as far back as the 50s? Those were the first home party businesses. But this model is still working fifty years later, through the product base has become much more diverse. The idea has remained the same, though.
Consultants who participate in the program have access to a particular company's products. They hold parties at home or other social events to promote those products and sell them directly to friends and family. During the party, the hostess presents and demonstrates the product and then sells it, pocketing a commission on each item.
Why is it a good idea to start a home party business?
What do I need to do to start a home party business?1. The first step is to decide on a product.
- It's a low-risk proposition, as you are only investing a few hours of your time.
- The returns are potentially high, thanks to generous commissions.
- There's no direct competition within the marketplace you create.
- Your customers are already relatively willing, as they know why they are there.
- It's also a fairly flexible kind of business to run as you get to decide how much time you give it.
This will be the focus of your business, and so it needs to be something that you feel some passion for. If you love the product and are excited to use it, your customers will feel that excitement and be convinced to part with their money and buy it from you. Think about all the options that are available to you: jewelry, food items, gifts, kitchen products, shoes, clothing and accessories. Pick one you know you can be positive about.
2. Then do your research and planning.
Find out about
direct sales businesses
that market your chosen product and contact them to find out more. Ask them how many consultants they have, what the average consultant makes, what kinds of training are available, and what recruitment incentives the company offers. Make a business plan
based on what you will have to spend for the start-up kit and what you expect your earnings to be.
3. Organize your first party. Make a list of guests, set a date, and start inviting people. On the day itself, be professional but put people at ease immediately. Be confident during your demonstration and be prepared to answer questions. Take orders, and then make plans for the next party.
It's as easy as that! From making the decision to start a home party business to your first successful party and earnings in your hand - it's such a small step.
Home Party IDeas That Can't Miss
- Home Party Plan Games-Find The Game for Your Next Home Party
Return from Start a Home Party Business Page to Moms Work at Home 2 Homepage